Tuesday, June 9, 2009

DISENFRANCHISED



DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME  -did I get to vote on that?-

BAILOUT OF GM - did I get to vote on that?-

BAILOUT OF MORGAN STANLEY,AIG ETC.-did I get to vote on that?

GOING TO WAR WITH IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN & PAKISTAN - did I get to vote on that?

GIVING ISRAEL WEAPONS TO MASSACRE PALESTINIANS, JORDANIANS 

AND POSSIBLY IRANIANS -did I get to vote on that?-

3 TRILLION IN BORROWED "STIMULUS" FUNDS - did I get to vote on that?-


This list could fill a dozen pages.  This begs the questions:  What democracy?

Where did it go? Did we ever really have a democracy? With democracy do 

the have- nots always have the right to take from the haves?


Yes, by voting I have the right to choose my elected officials to govern me, or do I?

Is the reality that I have the right to choose between Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum. The same entity, but with different labels such as Republican or Democrat,  or

 the more ubiquitous, Liberal or Conservative?


Election after election I have witnessed people who are otherwise intelligent

and discerning individuals become enchanted with candidates because they are labeled "liberal" or "conservative",  when in fact they are accomplished,

well- coached actors fully  capable of convincing us of how dedicated and sincere they are.


Isn't it the truth that in almost every instance  elections are bought and paid 

for and our choice is really not a choice at all, but a directed response?


""Be sure to vote, it is the duty of a free people " 


THE HATMAN



No comments:

Post a Comment