Monday, August 24, 2009

I'M FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND . . .


REF: Karen De Coster, LewRockwell.com


Individual way vs government way:

“ . . let’s say I want you to stop smoking. . . I may sit with you and explain why you should not smoke. Hopefully, I will use facts, or even opinions to try to convince you and persuade you to my point of view. Whether I am critical, gentle, or even unkind, I am peacefully trying to influence you. I have not used threats of punishment under the force of law, nor have I assembled a group of [armed persons to impose my view on you].”


“If you ask me to leave you alone and stop trying to change your ways, I will leave and cease from my chore because I will not harass you or commit any act of aggression toward you. “Voluntary human interactions that entail persuasion are rather simple In structure and are subject to some very necessary rules that shun aggression and force.”


“Now let’s pretend I’m the government. As the declared ruler of the territory in which you live, I have a monopoly on power and force. I introduce the laws that rule the territorial nation, and then I vote on those laws or sign executive orders making them valid. I also interpret those same laws, and then I enforce them through my interconnected arms of law enforcement and agency regulation. Then I build multiple levels of authority that reside within various layers of my government structure to act as propaganda arms to disseminate the information that I want you to believe. I pay for this by taxing you by way of decrees passed by your elected representatives who have been influenced by powerful special interests that give them vast sums of cash to work in their best interests while they convince you that it is you who they working to support.”


Well said.


With Love and Kindness,


THE HATMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment